Fri, May 21|
Join The Vida Sana and The Wild Pharma on a forage around the beautiful Sussex countryside to explore the medicine and many benefits of the Urtica dioica, more commonly known as, the stinging nettle.
Time & Location
May 21, 2021, 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM GMT+1
Plumpton Green, Plumpton, Lewes
About the Event
Nettle brings a medicine in her sting and is one of the most nourishing of all plants with her own special super powers. Deanna from The Wild Pharma, who counts on knowledge and experience of over 20 years as a practising Herbalist, will take us on a journey exploring Nettle’s medicinal applications as well as how to introduce her into your everyday. We will also seek out other medicinal plants along the way…
Come join us for a lovely morning exploring the special qualities of nettle and sharing plant wisdom with a group of like-minded, open-hearted people in the beautiful Sussex countryside.
- Friday 21st May 2021, 10 – 1pm (arrive by 09:45 please to allow time to meet & greet)
- Plumpton, East Sussex (near Lewes, full details upon registration)
What to bring:
- We will sample some foraged teas and delights once back at the meeting point
- Bring a water bottle
- Wear suitable shoes for uneven ground and farmland, warm clothes (even if it is sunny), layers and waterproofs just in case
- A notepad, pen and sketchpad if you feel the call. Phone/camera to help you remember the plants, as well as baskets for foraged goods (and gloves if you want to forage nettle, unless you are feeling brave!)
- No previous experience needed for this workshop
- No dogs allowed
- Please let me know if you have any allergies or intolerances so we can plan accordingly :)
- There are a limited number of spots which will go on a first come, first serve basis
The exchange for the morning is £30, please make payment to: paypal.me/thevidasana
We will be gifting some nettle powder and nettle seeds to take home with you and get better acquainted with the beauties of nettle.
We are very much looking forward to foraging with you and exploring more of nature’s secrets…
Niki & Dee